HOW TO GET THERE
It is very important to either print maps and directions, screen shot them or download the .pdf to your smart phone prior to leaving. Cellphone reception will be sparse or non-existent once you pass Oakhurst.; DO NOT RELY ON YOUR GPS! We will mark your route as best we can with the pink Kampout "K" signs for you to follow along. The adventure starts now!
Directions to Kampout Campground
1. From Fresno, take Highway 41 North.
2. Continue through and past Oakhurst, past Bass Lake Road.
3. About 4 miles from HWY(s) 49 and 41. Turn East (right) at the Sky
Ranch billboard (Forest Road 632, which becomes Road 10).
4. Continue through the residential area following signs to Soquel.
5. The road will become VERY curvy, keep going (approximately 8 miles).
6. At the fork in the road, turn left towards Fresno Dome (new way to KO).
DO NOT turn right towards Soquel Campground (old way to KO). You are
7. You will approach a gate on the right hand side of the road marked with Kampout signs. You have arrived!
For directions from locations other than from Fresno, get to Highway 41 and Forest Road 632, north of Oakhurst and follow along from step #3.
We will have BRIGHT PINK "K" signs at every place you need to make a choice starting on Highway 41 at Sky Ranch Road to help lead you in. Sometimes, during the weekend, the signs may be missing, so DO follow the map first and be careful!
You will be driving in the forest with no street lights, so if you plan to travel at night, please drive slow and be aware of your surroundings.
The road does become a dirt road as you get closer to the campsite and you may encounter large pits and rough patches while driving.
DO NOT RELY ON YOUR GPS! You will lose cellphone services as you pass Oakhurst.
Please be sure to utilize the map and instructions provided here. Download, screen shot and/or print hard copies to take with you as back up.
If possible, travel during the day and with a companion.